I recently spoke at the Technology Association of Georgia “TAG Entertainment: Entertainment Industry Summit“.
Our Digital Media & Gaming panel discussed topics including R&D and innovation; incubation, acceleration and collaboration; product development and launch; and content delivery.
What they said after our session:
“It was a total HIT. I had people coming up to me afterwards, saying it was “inspirational” and “awesome” and several consulting the notes they took and wanting to hear more. Everyone I talked to after wished that we could have gone on longer, which never happens.” – Jesse Lindsley, panel moderator
“I have done a lot of panels – usually in front of comic book fans dressed as Klingons – and that was one of my favorite ever.” – Paul Jenkins, comic book writer, panelist
Jesse Lindsley, CEO, Thrust Interactive, moderated a great lineup of panelists including:
- Jeff Hilimire, Co-Founder, Dragon Army. Jeff recently sold digital media agency Engauge to Publicis Group for a reported $60M-$70M, and has just announced his new venture, Dragon Army, a mobile incubator out of Atlanta Tech Village in partnership with David Cummings.
- Paul Jenkins, Writer/Creator, BOOM! Studios. Previously comic book writer for Marvel Comics. Paul is doing so many things in transmedia story telling to even attempt to list.
- Blake Lewin, President, Atlanta Game Cooperative. Blake and I worked together as VP’s in Turner Broadcasting’s New Products Group. Blake has just launched his latest venture, Atlanta Game Cooperative, bringing 3rd party game development projects to Atlanta.
- Gil Weinberg, Founder, Zooz Mobile. Gil is the Founding Director of Georgia Tech’s Center for Music Technology and is also keeping busy launching new games/apps as the Founder of Zooz Mobile.
- David Eckoff, Co-Founder, Pickoff Sports, a technology startup developing a SaaS social games platform. In 2012, the company was selected as one of fourteen startups to participate in the Flashpoint accelerator program at the Georgia Institute of Technology. I’m also working on some exciting product strategy leadership with my advisory company Revolutionary Ventures. Previously VP New Products at Turner Broadcasting, Real, Rivals.com, IBM. Ustream.tv; Zazzle.